Spend Less, Save More — Take control of your finances today

View Book

A1 News International

Truth. Accountability. Public Interest Journalism

Edo Police Rescue Nine Kidnap Victims, Including GUO Bus Passengers After Benin-Lagos Attack

Edo-State map

Security operatives intensify operations as hunt for kidnappers continues

📚 Get "Spend Less, Save More" — Click here

By Obehi Ojo | Benin, Nigeria

The Edo State Police Command has rescued nine victims abducted in separate kidnapping incidents, including passengers from a commercial bus attacked along the Benin-Lagos Expressway.

Authorities say the victims have been safely reunited with their families following coordinated rescue operations.

According to a statement by the command’s spokesperson, Eno Ikoedem, the rescued victims include three passengers from a bus belonging to GUO Transport Company and six others abducted in earlier incidents.

Police said the breakthrough followed a large-scale deployment of tactical teams, intelligence units, and aerial surveillance ordered by the Commissioner of Police, Monday Agbonika.

Security forces conducted sustained bush-combing operations and established control over key areas along the Benin-Lagos corridor, forcing the kidnappers to abandon their captives.

All rescued victims have received medical attention and have since been reunited with their families.

The command also confirmed the rescue of additional victims previously held in the Imiegba forest in Agenebode, bringing the total number of rescued persons to nine.

Police Intensify Operations Along Benin-Lagos Corridor

Authorities said security presence has been significantly reinforced along the Benin-Lagos Expressway and surrounding communities.

📚 Get "Spend Less, Save More" — Click here

The police assured residents and commuters that tactical and intelligence assets have been fully activated to prevent further incidents.

Efforts are ongoing to track down and apprehend those responsible for the abductions.

“We are confident that all those involved will be brought to justice in the shortest possible time,” the statement said.

Deadly Attack Sparks Security Concerns

The rescue follows a recent attack by suspected kidnappers who opened fire on a passenger bus travelling from Lagos to the eastern part of the country.

The assailants reportedly killed the driver before abducting several passengers into nearby bushes.

A viral video from the scene showed the aftermath of the attack, heightening public concern over safety on the highway.

  • Police Intensify Operations Along Benin-Lagos Corridor
  • Deadly Attack Sparks Security Concerns

The incident underscores persistent security challenges along major highways in Nigeria, particularly the Benin-Lagos corridor. While the rescue operation demonstrates improved tactical response, recurring attacks continue to raise concerns about the effectiveness of long-term security measures.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

A1 News International
Truth. Accountability. Public Interest Journalism

📚 Get our book: Spend Less, Save More

© 2026 A1 News International